Saturday, November 1, 2014

A Cheesy, Beautiful Experience

In going to Philadelphia this weekend, I had one major thing on my bucket list: to eat a REAL Philly Cheese Steak.

As cheesy as that sounds (if you'll pardon the pun), I'd never been to Philadelphia, and the cheese steak is part of the city's notoriety.

It's funny to think that something as simple as a sandwich could be such a crucial part of the tourist's experience, but when I took that first hot, melted bite, I finally understood the delicious Heaven of which I'd been so deprived.

It wasn't about the sandwich, though. I mean, sure, I wanted to eat it because of it's flavorful fame, but really, I wanted to be a part of a culture. This is what it's known for; this is what the people eat; this is why people go here (for other reasons as well, but this is a big part).

To finally be one with this city was a cheesy, beautiful thing, and I loved every bite.

No comments:

Post a Comment